In this episode, we interview Andrew Hedges, a career changer, startup co-founder, and non-profit co-founder. We talk about his journey from traditional employment to tech, the mission of his startup Assistiv Labs, the most misunderstood thing about accessibility, and advice for founders and co-founders. We also discuss The Collab Lab, a non-profit he co-founded, and the benefits of teaming up with others.
Here are some key questions we will answer in the episode:
- What was the catalyst for your career change into tech?
- What gave you the confidence to leave traditional employment to start your own company?
- What is the mission of Assistiv Labs and why is accessibility online and with software so important?
- What would you say is the most misunderstood thing about accessibility?
- What advice would you give to founders and co-founders based on what you’ve learned so far?
- What is The Collab Lab and what pushed you to create such an amazing non-profit?
- What has been the greatest challenge your team has run into since launching The Collab Lab?
- What has been your biggest win as a non-profit?
- What is the greatest benefit you see from teaming up with others?
- How can people listening help The Collab Lab?
Join us for this inspiring conversation with a passionate entrepreneur and non-profit leader!